Poochons, also called Bichon Poos, are small hybrid dogs that are part Poodle and part Bichon Frise. They are a friendly and affectionate breed that easily settles in new environments, making them great family pets. However, since they like to socialize, they are sometimes prone to separation anxiety when you leave them alone for a long time.
- Poochons originated in the late 1990s in Australia. However, it didn’t take long for breeders in the US and UK to follow suit.
- Poochons tend to love water.
- These dogs are vocal and love to bark.
- Trying to potty train a poochon can be frustrating at first. However, once they get the hang of it, they will only need to be let out every 8 hours or so, making them great apartment pets.
- Although Poochons are highly intelligent, they easily get bored when there are no games to play.
- You can leave a well-trained Poochon alone in the house for 6-8 hours.
- Like other breeds, Poochons can be picky eaters due to intolerance to certain protein sources, a sensitive tummy, or learned behavior.
- Poochon puppies eat four to six small meals daily, while adults eat two larger meals.
- A Poochon's coarse and curly coat needs frequent brushing to avoid any knots or tangles. And an occasional bath and shampooing may be necessary.
- This small and playful breed needs a 30-minute walk every day to keep it entertained and in great shape.
- Poochons may be hard to find, but there are a few rescue groups dedicated to this breed, including Carolina Poodle Rescue and Bichon and Little Buddies Rescue.
I recently adopted a Schnapso (Schnauzer/Lhasa Apso mix from a Shelter here in New Jersey. He is the softest, best smelling, hypoallergenic dog ever not to mention handsome. These mixed breeds seem to bring the best of the both of the parents. I would send pictures if I knew how…his before and after. I fell in love as soon as I saw him when the shelter posted his picture. I filled out all the paperwork and after 10 days of anxious waiting I got the call. Love this boy!
I would like to adopt. 602-754-8125