The Parson Russell terrier is named after Reverend Jack Russell, credited for creating the dog breed. Originating from England, the Parson Russell terrier was initially bred to aid in fox hunts because they could fit in places other dogs couldn't.
Any high-energy pet owner would love having a Parson Russell terrier. The dog breed is energetic, confident, and intelligent. Parson Russell terriers have soft coats and gentle temperaments.
- Parson Russell terrier can live for nearly 18 years with proper diet and exercise.
- The Parson Russell terrier is named after Reverend Jack Russell, who is accredited for creating the dog breed. The breed originated from England.
- Female Parson Russell terriers will carry their young for close to 64 days.
- The average male is larger than the female.
- Parson Russell terriers have a full, straight coat of hair.