A Newfypoo is an intelligent dog breed that many dog enthusiasts desire to own. A Newfypoo is a product of combining Newfoundland with the Poodle breed.
The Newfypoo has several names: Newfydoodle, Newfidoo, Newdle, and Poodoundland.
The crossbreeds are usually unpredictable regarding whom they will favor in genetics, but all their puppies have a calm temperament. The Newfypoos vary in appearance; some are large and heavy while others are slim and light.
Characteristics of a Newfypoo
- A Newfypoo is an elegant, friendly, extroverted, and protective dog breed.
- Their coats can vary, but often their coats are curly, thick and water-resistant.
- Newfypoos can be cream, black, brown or gray.
- The Newfypoo is great, both indoor and outdoor. Therefore, it can live in a home with kids given proper care.
- A full-grown Newfypoo weighs anywhere from 70-150 pounds. Males are usually larger than females.
- It can grow to a height of 28-32 inches.
- A female Newfypoo attains sexual maturity at the age of 10 months. The female has a gestation period of 63 days after mating.
- Its average litter size is 4 to 6.
- A Newfypoo is a heavy feeder that loves high-quality dry dog food.
Fun Facts about the Newfypoo
- Some Newfypoos have a narrow muzzle that looks like a Poodle, while others have a big square-shaped muzzle similar to Newfoundland’s.
- A Newfypoo is full of energy, and it loves to run and play around with its owners.
- It is gentle; it rarely barks.
- The Newfypoo can swim just like its parent breeds, Poodle and Newfoundland, but it needs regular exercise to perform excellently.
- It makes an excellent guard dog because it is loyal and protective of its human family.