The Huskydoodle, also known as Huskypoo, is a relatively new mixed dog breed that combines Siberian Huskies and Poodles. These canines are highly smart, energetic, and friendly; they carry some of the favorable traits of their parents.
- Huskydoodles are a crossbreed between the Siberian Husky and Poodles.
- These dogs are very intelligent and need a lot of mental and physical stimulation throughout the day.
- Huskydoodles are known as designer dogs. While that might sound a bit bougee, the term actually refers to a hybrid dog breed.
- The breed is traced back to the 1980s. Breeders hoped to combine the best parts of both Huskies and Poodles.
- While many hope to get the no-shed characteristic of Poodles, there is no way to guarantee your Huskydoodle won’t shed. Therefore, they aren’t considered allergy friendly.
- While Huskydoodles are friendly dogs, they may become too much for their owners.
- During the day, Huskydoodles take power naps. These short rests ensure that the dog has plenty of energy throughout the day.
- This breed is known to jump, so you’ll want to keep an eye on them if they are left in the backyard.
- Huskydoodles suffer from separation anxiety. They grow attached to their owners and get a little clingy. If the owner leaves, they could develop bad habits to cope with their loneliness.
- Huskydoodles go by several names, including Huskypoo. Poosky, Siberpoo, and Siberian Poodle.