The animal of the day is the Chimpanzee. These creatures are so adorable that it is little wonder why kids and adults alike can watch them playing at the zoo for hours. Many people would love to take one home with them! While that might not be possible, you can certainly continue reading to learn more about the chimpanzee and what makes it such a special animal.
- When it comes to animals that are closest in makeup to humans, it does not get much closer than the chimpanzee. In fact, their DNA is very similar to that of humans.
- Surprisingly, chimpanzees eat very little meat. Most of their daily food consumption consists of fruits and plants.
- On average, a chimpanzee can expect to live for 50 years.
- You will find wild chimpanzees in Africa. The rest are in captivity, usually in zoos and enclosed safaris.
- It is important to know that chimpanzees are an endangered species. This makes it even more important to understand these special creatures and how to ensure their future survival.
- They might not look it, but chimpanzees are very strong. In fact, the average chimpanzee will be four times stronger than their human counterparts.
- Chimpanzees are quite verbal creatures. In fact, it is documented that they can make more than 30 different noises, each one designed to elicit a certain purpose.
- Very few animals can use the same tools that humans use, but chimpanzees are one of them. For example, you can watch a chimpanzee use a stick to dig insects out of the ground and then eat them.
- Chimpanzees are social creatures, so you will likely find them living in groups out in the wild.
- Chimpanzees are known to have feelings, and they can express empathy for others in their group and their surroundings.