Today's animal of the day is a commonly known herding dog, the bearded collie.
The bearded collie is an adorable fluffy herding dog breed that is perfect for a family pet. They are intelligent and playful, making them great playmates for kids. Bearded collies need daily exercise, a balanced diet, and regular grooming to avoid matting.
They are great with children and relate well with other animals if properly socialized from a young age. Read the full article to learn more about this fluffy bundle of energy.
- Bearded collies have a thick double coat that needs regular grooming to prevent matting.
- Bearded collies are initially from Scotland. Farmers used them as herding or droving dogs.
- This dog breed can live for up to 14 years, although recent studies show a decline in this number.
- Bearded collies come in different colors: brown, gray, black, white, and tan.
- This dog breed maintains an omnivore diet provided by pet owners.
- The average pup litter is about seven puppies.