The Gerberian Shepsky is one of the most popular dogs for breeding. It comes from cross-breeding a German Shepherd with a Siberian Husky.
- The mixture of the German Shepherd and the Siberian Husky breeds gives the Gerberian Shepsky the traits of both breeds.
- We find them in a wide variety of colors. The dominant colors for this breed are solid black or black with brown areas.
- These dogs respond extremely well to training cues and learn new commands quickly.
- They are very protective of their owners and can respond ferociously if they sense a threat.
- Gerberian Shepsky aren’t built for socialization with other dogs unless trainers and owners introduce them at a very early age.
- Its intelligence, social skills, and physical strength make the Gerberian Shepsky the ideal choice for K-9 related work in the military, police forces, and search and rescue operations.
- These intelligent companions make great family pets, security guards, and K-9 team members.
- Although the Gerberian Shepsky comes from a mixture of two different breeds, we consider them to be purebred. This is because both the Siberian Husky and German Shepherd are pure breeds.
- With an average lifespan of around 13 years, the Gerberian Shepsky is bred to be an excellent companion with above-average social skills.