Deer come out at night, which is why it’s important to pay attention and be careful. There are certain things to know about deer such as their behavior, and what they like to eat.
- They are sweet animals from a distance.
- Don’t get too close to them if you see one in person.
- They will attack you if they feel you are trying to take their little one away or if you come at them from behind or try to touch them. They don’t like to be messed with.
- They will warn you if they don’t like what you’re doing with a grunt or snort. They do the same thing with other deer.
- They like to communicate with other deer by moving their ears, tails, and head.
Foods They Like to Eat
- They eat different types of plants.
- They like to eat corn in the wintertime because it acts as heat for them.
- They like to eat carrots, especially carrots from a garden because they like to dig them up themselves.
Don’t cross the deer because you will get hurt. They eat lots of food as well, and they usually don’t get any bigger than 400 pounds. They can also run at about 30 miles per hour. As you can tell, deer are very neat creatures.