With luscious locks and a friendly personality, Biewer Terriers have been a favorite of toy breeders since they were first bred in Germany in 1984. Their unique coat color and affectionate nature make them attractive choices for seasoned show dog handlers and families alike.
- Biewer Terriers are small and have a long, tri-color coat that comes from breeding two Yorkshire Terriers with recessive Piebald genes. They require daily brushing to avoid unwanted mats unless groomed into a short style.
- Always eager to play, Biewer Terriers require an active lifestyle. Their small stature doesn’t take away from the fact that they are athletes who can rival any cat in hunting pests.
- The Biewer Terrier’s gentle personality makes the breed an excellent choice for families with children or other pets. They even make a great companion for cats!
- Biewer Terriers are intelligent and easy to train in basic obedience up to advanced tasks. They love to please their owners.
- While generally a breed with few health concerns, Biewer Terriers are sometimes prone to patella subluxation and heart problems. Maintaining a healthy diet and an active lifestyle can help prevent these ailments.
- Some Biewer Terriers are prone to digestive upset and skin sensitivities. The American Kennel Club recommends limiting wet food because it increases the formation of harmful plaque.
I will request 3 Pups if possible!
They are sweet young pups!
Where can I find these little buddies
Are they almost hypoallergenic?
How much do they weigh?
Average life span?
How do they stack up against other small needs such as mini schnauzer, Yorkie, maltese etc?
Typical price tag compared to above dogs?
How easy to find these puppies? Do they shed??
How can I adopt a Beiwer terrier ?
YES ABOUT 800.00
Thank you for the good writeup. It in fact was a amusement account it.
¡Artículo realmente útil! ¡Muchas gracias amigo!
Realmente me gusta cuando la gente se reúne y comparte puntos de vista. Gran blog, ¡sigue así!
Información útil .. Publicación interesante Gracias ..
Is a Biewer terrier and a parti Yorkie the same?
As an owner of 3 yorkies, I am always eager to read about them.
Thank you for your comment Gloria! 3 yorkies is a handful – Cheers to you!
I’m another crazy Yorker lady, I have 4. Each of them have their own distinct personality.
No they are different types of terrier.
Yorkies are an English breed and Biewers are German though traditionally bred to hunt rats and weasels or rabbits.
thank you. love dogs (any breed) and they seem to know that .
Really appreciate you sharing this article post.Really thank you! Much obliged.
Thank you for your comment!
I do not approve of mixed breeds, they are really mutts!