The Pomsky is a cross-breed between two fuzzy-wuzzy dogs, the Pomeranian and Siberian Husky. The breed is best known for its high intelligence and friendly personality, making it an excellent family dog. These dogs are highly energetic and love to play with children.
They are among the most expensive dog breeds because breeders use artificial insemination instead of natural cross-breeding. The result of this breeding is a cute dog, but less demanding than the Siberian Husky.
- They are also very intelligent dogs and are known to be social and playful with other dogs and good with children
- Pomskies shed twice a year. However, they require regular grooming.
- They are described as having a foxy face that is characterized by an upturned nose, large eyes, and a wide mouth.
- These dogs need to have their teeth brushed and nails trimmed regularly.
- The Pomsky can live up to 15 years if cared for properly.
- The color of the pomsky ranges from tan to red to blue, with white markings on the head and legs.
- It has a short tail and a soft underbelly that resembles the parent Pomeranians.
- Pomskies usually weigh between 20-25 pounds, but some can weigh up to 30 pounds.
- Most Pomsky breeders use artificial insemination for the first crosses.