Maltipoos are playful, affectionate, loving and intelligent small-breed dogs with a soft coat and spunky attitude. A Maltipoo is a hybrid breed cross between a Poodle and a Maltese.
Maltipoos are a small-sized dog breed, with both males and females being roughly the same size. Full-grown Maltipoos may be between 8 and 14 inches tall and weigh between 5 and 20 pounds.
Originally, breeders mixed Maltese and Poodles to create a breed offering good companions for people with allergies. They are indoor dogs and easy to potty train.
Fun Facts You May Not Know About Maltipoo Dog Breeds
- Maltipoos are very good-looking and come in various colors, with white and apricot being the most common colors.
- Maltipoos are indoor dogs and cannot tolerate being out in the sun for too long.
- Designer dogs such as Maltipoos tend to be at lower risk for diseases than their purebred counterparts.
Pros of Owning a Maltipoo
- They have little or no shedding, which makes them a good pet for individuals with allergies.
- Maltipoos are easy to train. Since they are motivated by food, using a positive reinforcement method with food as a reward would be effective. They can also be potty trained easily.
- Since this breed is affectionate and gentle, it is good with children, especially older kids.
Cons of Owning a Maltipoo
- Maltipoos are very vocal and can bark more compared to other breeds, making noise to owners.
- Maltipoos can suffer from separation anxiety as they do not do well when left home alone. Maltipoos are ideal for homes where someone is always around.
- This breed is expensive as it can cost more to adopt than most dog breeds.
- Owners should be aware that a Maltipoo can suffer from Patellar luxation, Epilepsy, and Legg-Calve-Perthes Disease.
Where do they sell them. I live in Naples Florida. Frank
how does one deal with separation anxiety. my maltipoo has extreme, extreme, extreme separtation anxiety. she has to be with me to exist. i can’t even go out into the garage without her howling. i feel sorry for her and wish i could help her to adjust to other people. i am 85 and she could be permanently separated from me and i find that is very worrisome. she loves my daughter and goes crazy when she sees her but i have to be in the picture too.
So adorable, but all animals are, and they all have their unique characters! No judgment 😁
Where can I purchase a Maltipoo ?