The Kooikerhondje is a rare breed originating from the Netherlands. It is very loyal and can be pretty protective of its owner. The breed was initially bred as a hunting dog, but it also makes a beautiful family pet.
The Kooikerhondje is an ancient European breed that has been around since the 15th century. Kooikerhondje like to bark, but they don't bite, so they're great for your family!
Characteristics of a Kooikerhondje
- Big, expressive eyes
- Blue Steel
- The Kooikerhondje is a small, medium-sized dog that stands between 13-16 inches (33-40 cm) at the shoulder.
- The Kooikerhondje weighs between 23 – 33lbs.
- The coat comes in red, black and white colors.
- Kooikerhondje has a muscular, athletic body built close to the ground.
Interesting Facts about the Kooikerhondje
- The Kooikerhondje is one of the oldest breeds originating from the Netherlands.
- The Kooikerhondje was first bred for hunting wild boar and deer and looking after young baby chicks.
- The Kooikerhondje is very loyal and protective of its owner and makes a beautiful family pet. It can be aggressive towards strangers.
- The Kooikerhondje is not a good choice for families with small children because of its strong nature.
- Kooikerhondje only bark when they feel threatened or at night when they hear noises outside your home.