The chummy Cheagle is an adorable “designer dog” that is a mix of a purebred Chihuahua and a purebred Beagle. They are friendly and make good family pets.
Here are some facts about Cheagles. With the small stature of the Chihuahua and the soulful eyes of the Beagle, this mix is one of the cutest “designer dogs” available.
- Cheagles are on the smaller side, standing roughly 12 inches tall and weighing in at about 25 pounds.
- Most Cheagles have a soft, short double-layer coat that is easy to care for.
- They come in a variety of colors like white, cream, tan and black with the occasional freckles and spots.
- They are amiable with children and make a great kid-friendly pet.
- While purebred Beagles are known for tracking and hunting, Cheagles are better suited as companion dogs.
- This hybrid loves to cuddle and needs plenty of affection.
- Thanks to the Beagle heritage, this mix is highly devoted to its family and makes a great family pet.
- Because the Cheagle is a small size dog, it makes an excellent choice for those living in small spaces or apartments.
- This crossbreed makes a great companion dog that is loyal, affectionate, low maintenance and low cost.
- Cheagles are not all good, however, and they have some offending behaviors at times. These include excessive barking, nipping, separation anxiety and occasional “small dog syndrome,” all of which can be reduced with proper training and care.
- They are high energy and need daily exercise to keep them in tip-top shape.