Today’s animal of the day is a dog you may have seen or even owned: a West Highland Terrier.
Often called Westie, these medium-sized terriers are known for having no shortage of self-esteem.
Here are some fun facts about this spunky dog breed.
- Westies typically stand at about 10 inches high and weigh around 15-20 pounds.
- They have a coarse white coat with a softer undercoat.
- With their bright white fur, dark almond-shaped eyes and rounded face tuffs, the Westie has a very distinct and fetching appearance.
- They need regular brushing and clipping to keep them looking and feeling their best.
- The West Highland Terrier is intelligent, spunky, sturdy and bold.
- A Westie will likely be bossy with other Westies, but they usually get along quite well with other dogs and even cats.
- They can be resolute diggers and determined barkers.
- They make good pets and need plenty of playtime and exercise to keep them happy. West Highland White Terriers are fairly easy to train, and it must be done early to instill that they are not the rulers of the world.
- They were originally bred in Scotland as rodent hunters and have since become one of the most popular dog breeds in the world.
- They are bred as tough predators of vermin, making them dominant by nature leading to stubbornness. Time and constant reinforcement can help tame this ornery streak.
- Westies are known for being prize-winners and great show dogs. They are one of the most popular breeds on earth.
I am interested and would like to know more about the Westie.
I have a Westie, he is 13yrs old and he is the sweetest dog I have ever owened. He is a good dog with babies and older people and other dogs and pets. Squirrels are a challenge for him but that is Ok by me ! He does like to dig, but I rarely ever let him be on his own I have flowers and he likes to dig around for lizards and such. If I catch him in the act I stop it immediately otherwise it is useless to correct….. He does require a lot of play time even at age 13 :). he also needs to be brushed on a regular basis, I do a little at a time as of lately he gets “tired” faster. My Westie does have a sensitive stomach so be careful of supplementing his regular “dog” food. Don’t buy any food from China it could be toxic. I have found some small dry kibble at Pet Smart that agrees with him. At a young age his first vet sugesseted I. take small carrots and slice in “match stick ” and put a Little Peanut butter on them and put it in a safe real bone ( got it from Pet Smart) …. he loves that treat. a couple times a week. I also give him once in a while non seasoned small bites of Lean Chicken. I am so glad I have had the blessing of being a Westie parent… he loves walks and has to stop at every bush along the path and smell and some “marking”. Best of luck to you as you learn more about the breed!
I would love to have a little female
Is yippy/yappy barking ever controllable in a Westin proem to incessive barking?
we our also interested and would like more info on how to obtain a Westie.
I am very interested in Westie is he up for adoption.
I am a stay home senior who had time to spend with this lovely guy. How do I get more info about this.
How about featuring the Scottish Terrier. We had six of them.
I am interested in the Westie also . Please contact me . Thank you.
Based on my research, after a in foreclosure home is offered at a bidding, it is common to the borrower to be able to still have some sort ofthat remaining unpaid debt on the bank loan. There are many creditors who aim to have all rates and liens repaid by the up coming buyer. Nevertheless, depending on certain programs, laws, and state laws and regulations there may be some loans which aren’t easily settled through the shift of personal loans. Therefore, the responsibility still falls on the customer that has acquired his or her property in foreclosure process. Thanks for sharing your thinking on this web site.
Hello my family member! I want to say that this article is awesome, great written and include almost all significant infos. I抎 like to look more posts like this .
Thanks for the various tips shared on this blog. I have observed that many insurance firms offer prospects generous deals if they favor to insure more and more cars together. A significant number of households own several autos these days, specially those with mature teenage young children still located at home, and also the savings with policies could soon begin. So it pays to look for a bargain.
Your house is valueble for me. Thanks!?
My husband and i ended up being now joyful that Louis could deal with his survey via the precious recommendations he acquired when using the web pages. It is now and again perplexing to simply continually be giving out strategies which often some others may have been making money from. And now we figure out we’ve got you to thank for that. All the explanations you made, the easy site navigation, the friendships you will give support to create – it’s most terrific, and it’s making our son and us imagine that this situation is brilliant, which is certainly pretty important. Thank you for all!
Hmm it looks like your site ate my first comment (it was super long) so I guess I’ll just sum it up what I had written and say, I’m thoroughly enjoying your blog. I too am an aspiring blog writer but I’m still new to everything. Do you have any tips and hints for beginner blog writers? I’d definitely appreciate it.
I read this piece of writing completely about the difference of hottest and earlier technologies, it’s awesome article.|