You might know Japanese Macaque by the name of snow monkey. If you are here to learn some fun facts, then you are in the right place.
Let’s find out more about it:
- Japanese Macaque belongs to the Kingdom Animalia and the Phylum Chordata. The subphylum is Vertebrata, and the class is Mammalia.
- You can find it in the Japanese islands such as Kyushu, Shikoku, and Honshu.
- A female Japanese Macaque can be up to 8.4 kg, while a male Japanese Macaque can be up to 11.3 kg.
- A dominant male would lead the group of up to 30 Japanese Macaque.
- The average height of a female Japanese Macaque can be up to 52.28 cm. The male’s average height can be up to 57.01 cm.
- The color of Japanese Macaque hair can be brown or grayish.
- There is a difference in the lifestyle of male and female Japanese Macaque. Males prefer to be on the ground while you can spot females on the trees.
- Japanese Macaque are omnivores in nature. They eat fruits, vegetables, and even small animals.
- The pregnancy duration of a female Japanese Macaque is six months. This baby would be with the mother for two years.
- Besides other common things, a Japanese Macaque also washes its food before eating, much like humans do. Raccoons also depict a similar behavior.
- Japanese Macaques are intelligent in nature. They bathe together in the hot springs.