Bears are creatures that are adored by many people around the world, both young and old. The bear was one of the first to be recreated as a stuffed animal. It is known to be one of the most interesting animals on the planet. With that being said, here are a few interesting facts about the famous bear:
- All types of bears are considered mammals belonging to the family Ursidae.
- They come in various builds and sizes, ranging from as tiny as small as four feet long at a weight of 60 pounds to as big as eight feet long with a weight of more than a thousand pounds.
- They are located all over North America, South America, Europe, and Asia.
- They have useful non retractable claws, shorter tails, and an impeccable sense of smell.
- They usually prefer to survive independently, excluding the moms with their cubs.
- The eight species of bears include Asiatic black bears (moon bears), brown bears (grizzly bears), giant pandas, North American black bears, polar bears, sloth bears, spectacled bears (Andean bears), and sun bears.
- Bears can have an average lifespan of up to 25 years living in wilder conditions and 50 when surviving in captivity.
Many species of bears (including the polar bear and the giant panda) are part of the IUCN Red List and, as such, are noted vulnerable and threatened. Furthermore, polar bears are facing a major loss of life in colder regions as global warming is creeping in.
I LIVE IN NEW MEXICO IN THE MOUNTAINS, BROWN BEARS, HOW FAST CAN THEY RUN AND WHAT DISTANCE
So what’s the answer? I guess 30 mph
Nope their population is growing in Canada snd elsewhere.
From what I’ve read your wrong on polar bear numbers they are growing.
You never got around to telling how fast they can run!!!!!
For Oct. 1, the question is asked: “how fast can a black bear run?” But nowhere in the article is the question answered. So , what’s the point of asking? This is just one example of your articles not completing your questions.