The Spanador is a delightful mix of the happy-go-lucky Labrador Retriever and the inquisitive American Cocker Spaniel. This breed loves children and makes an excellent family pet.
Facts about Spanadors:
- Spanadors are typically smaller and more compact than Labradors. They are medium-sized dogs ranging from 20-50 pounds.
- Spanadors usually resemble a small Labrador with ears and a face like a Spaniel.
- They need to be groomed occasionally, and special attention should be paid to their ears.
- They have a variety of coat colors, including cream, red, brown and black. Often white patches appear on the face, paws and chest.
- Affectionate and kind-hearted the Spanador has a sweet disposition that can melt the coldest of hearts.
- This mix is a goofy, playful dog that loves to make friends and is kind and affectionate.
- Spanadors love family interaction and socialization. They have an even temper making them a great family pet.
- They can be vocal and bark excessively at times, but proper training and socialization can keep this at bay.
- Intelligent and loyal Spanadors are fairly easy to train and don’t require a lot of re-training.
- Spanadors are very high energy and need plenty of play and exercise to keep them happy and healthy.
How do we find one??????
These are a mixed breed and not a purebred. They are no different than any other mutt at a rescue or SPCA. You will over pay for the mutt because you have been scammed into thinking it is a rare and special breed. Want a mutt get one from rescue, don’t encourage backyard scammers into selling mutts for top dollar by buying one.
They arent a mutt at all but a lovely breed
Where can i find one in my area? Northern Maine, Dover Foxcroft.
Thanks much for the information concerning this breed of Lab as I own a Yellow Lab Retriever , Knight, my Guide 🐕 4 legged “Buddy” forever. I don’t know what I’d do without him. Knight goes above and beyond taking care of me And I him thanks much for your article.
I think most dogs need playfulness to keep them happy 😊
Mine is a yellow lab mix that came from Delaware Humane Society. Shelter dogs are the best.She was already trained and fit right in my home.
Before buying one of the designer dogs, Please go to your local shelter and just look, you will definitely find the dog of your dreams, you will save a life actually two because if you empty a care, you will make room for another to come in. There are more lab mixes than any other dog in shelters with the exception of terriers.